Monday, January 10, 2011

Well you know my name is Simon...

It has been a very long time since I've had a pen and paper gaming group. Fortunately, this changed yesterday, as I played in the first session of a new Warhammer FRP game. I had played with some of the people before, in my last gaming group (Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG). Given the people involved, and the way the first session went, this is going to be a great campaign.

I love CRPGs... I really do. I wouldn't be spending as much time on World of Warcraft if I didn't. But they really can't hold a candle to a good pen and paper gaming group.

But yeah, with regard to the post subject line... We have three characters in the party who are siblings... My 16-year-old militiaman, his 17-year-old sister the warrior-priest, and 19-year-old sister the mage-type. The player of the priest rolled her character name randomly, and ended up with Theodora. At which point the mage took the name Aelwyn. So, to complete the joke, they wanted me to be Simon. I named my character Burk. Not to be denied, though, the other players decided that Burk was my middle name, and Simon was my first name, used only by my family... It's almost like I really do have two sisters in the gaming group!

No comments:

Post a Comment