Monday, November 29, 2010

OK, who secretly replaced my energy level with that of a crazy person?

Those of you who know me (and if you don't know me, I'm curious as to how and why you came to be reading this blog) know that "high-energy" is not a term used to describe me, well, ever. And if you saw me at work today, you probably wouldn't have seen much out of the ordinary. I did do the mile walk, as I do almost every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but mostly, I was my typical low-key self. Somehow, though, after dinner, I just felt this surge. I went to my Krav Maga class, which usually pretty much wipes me out. Had a lot of fun in the class today - low punches, low punch defenses, inside defenses, gun defense for a gun from behind. Used gloves for the first time on the low punches to a pad, and there's something about the gloves that just adds to the feeling of power. Purely psychological, but still a nice feeling of badassery...

Where things really get weird, though, is that after the Krav class, I still had a ton of energy to burn off... So, I went to 24 Hour, and did about 20 minutes on the treadmill (1.25 miles), about 6 machines for upper body strength, and then finished it off with 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I felt like I could have kept going on the bike, but at some point tonight, I will have to wind down and get some sleep. So, I'll probably knock out a random dungeon in World of Warcraft, and then crash for the evening.

I wouldn't expect to see quite so much activity from me very often. I don't want to burn myself out or anything. Tonight, though, I just felt like I had to keep moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment